Monday, September 10, 2012

Challenge 37

The biggest mistake I see people (including me) make is living in a state of fear.  Making decisions from fear, helping from fear, working from fear doesn't work.  It is impossible to listen and be present when in fear.  Fear is a state of future being.  A state of what if...  Love cannot exist where there is fear.
I had a dear friend that was very sick and dying.  It was so amazing to me to see people in such fear of loss around her.  Fear of losing their own lives, fearing deep feelings and emotions.  They were so well intentioned and yet they missed the mark.  They couldn't connect to her because rather than being in that moment and present with her.  Rather than celebrating her life at that moment, they brought all their fears instead of their love and their presence.  It was heart breaking to watch and seemed like a play of people dancing and performing.  It was surreal.  It was my journey to have the experience and knowledge to live in the moment.  To live past the fear, put it to the side and be truly present.  I concentrated on helping from the perspective of 'let's go through this journey together day by day and let's celebrate life.  Let's see what isn't working and heal it together'.
Did her family and friends love her, of course.  They loved her with all their hearts.  Did she know they loved her deeply? Absolutely.  Fear just keeps an unnecessary disconnection.  I know without a doubt that she knew and knows how loved she was/is.  I am sure everyone had their journey, moments of clarity and shared love with her.  I am speaking from my experience and observation of this space and time.
Am I better than others? No.  That by no means is my purpose in sharing my experience and thoughts.  I am the same as anyone else.  Awareness and presence is possible for all of us.  Living in a space of love is always a possibility.
Where are you living today?

No comments: